MEMBERSHIP APPLICATION PROCEDURE
Applications for membership in The Rhinoplasty Society (TRS) will be considered only when all of the items listed below have been received by the Executive Office. There is a three-year limit on open application files.
- Applicants for membership must be certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery, the American Board of Otolaryngology, the American Board of Facial Plastic Surgery, or an equivalent foreign examining board, and have been in private practice for a minimum of 3 years.
- Membership Sponsor Forms completed by two Active Members of The Rhinoplasty Society. For International surgeons wishing to join TRS; however, who do not know 2 Active members for sponsors, please see Section XI – Corresponding Members in our current bylaws for more information. Download bylaws here.
- The completed application form. Please be as specific as possible.
- A copy of your current Curriculum Vitae including a list of your publications and presentations.
- A copy of your Operative Log for the preceding twenty-four (24) months only highlighting all rhinoplasties and nasal reconstructions, and summarized on the form provided. This log is to include Patient ID (not name, can be initials or ID number), date of procedure and title of procedure. In order to be considered for Active Membership, you must average 30 rhinoplasty surgeries per year. If your average is less that 30 rhinoplasty surgeries per year, you are encouraged to apply for Associate membership.
- A clear copy of certificates of one of the following:
a. ASPS membership (Active)
b. AAOHNS membership
d. Membership in equivalent national society
e. Corresponding Membership: ASPS, ISPS, ISAPS or equivalent for OTO/ENT trained surgeons.
- Notation on your application form of a Rhinoplasty Society Annual Meeting attendance (please supply year attended). It is a requirement that individuals applying for membership attend at least one annual meeting within the past 3 years and may be the meeting of the applicant vote by the membership.
- A non-refundable membership application fee of $250.00.
All application materials must be received by the Executive Office by December 31 for the applicant to be considered for admission to membership at the Annual Meeting in the spring of the next year. Applications received after the deadline, will be considered for admission at the Annual Meeting the following year.
There is a non-refundable application fee of $250.00, due at time of submitting the application.
Membership dues are billed annually. The current annual dues amount is $400. Following the annual meeting, an invoice for half years dues is sent to newly elected members. Membership dues are non-refundable. Members may also choose to pay an additional $350 per year, to have a link added to their website profile to their professional website. This is optional.